Linking Strategies for Newbies
One of the most crucial mistakes I made when I first started Internet Marketing was not completely understand the importance of proper back linking, anchor tags, keywords and the title tag. The most important things to search engines is providing relevancy to search results using keywords in the anchor tags and back links. Back links to your website has become one of the most or if not important aspects to better Search Engine Result Positioning (SERP) using your keywords in your anchor tags.
One of the most common mistakes that I personally made with my website was in the title was:
Title: Succeed Online with ES-Solution
The problem with that title was; What does that have to do with my website and keywords? Search Engines base a lot of importance on the keywords and the anchor tag contained in the back link. Additionally, I submitted my website to many directories and search engines using that title. What I am telling the search engines? That my most important keyword or keyword phrase is “Succeed Online with ES-Solution.” How many possible searchs do you believe would have that exact phrase or keywords? Zero.
My rankings for my keyword phrase “Internet Marketing eBooks” were even more horrible!
Steps to avoiding this same mistake:
Step 1: Never using a descriptive title
Step 2: Choose the most relevant Keywords for your Title
Step 3: Create back links using the appropriate anchor tag.
1. I changed my title to “Internet Marketing eBooks”. Another important idea behind your title and keywords is that the search engines will shift around your keywords to make more phrases. I only have 3 Keywords but using different combination, I have 3 good keyword pharses:
(1) Internet Marketing eBooks
(2) Marketing eBooks
(3) Internet Marketing
2. And I began re-submiting my website to directories and search engines with the proper title (anchor tag): “Internet Marketing eBooks”
(1) I have several back links with the anchor text “Internet Marketing eBooks”, but unfortunately I still have some of the old back links with the anchor text “Succeed on with ES-Solution” dropping my overall relevancy to 54% when it should be 100%.
(2) I have managed to achieve the number one ranking as of 6 December 2005 for the keyword phrase “Internet Marketing eBooks” in MSN and the number two ranking in Yahoo.